A Team Approach
We believe that a coordinated effort among our clients’ accounting and legal advisors ensures that plans are professionally orchestrated, integrated and implemented. In the process of working with us, you will soon learn that developing strategic partnerships with other professionals is a key part of our philosophy and we go out of our way to refer qualified clients to our strategic partners when appropriate.
We facilitate this team approach through our LifePrint™ planning process which enables the advisory team to provide input and have access to the client’s comprehensive financial plan and related documents.
An Independent Technical Resource
Our strategic partnerships with other advisors may also involve serving as an independent and confidential resource to address your clients’ financial planning needs. Services can be provided behind the scenes through your firm or via direct client interface – on a case-by-case basis. Simply put, our goal is to add to your credibility – through technical intelligence and comprehensive resources – delivered objectively, promptly and thoroughly.
- Review and analysis of life insurance contracts, illustrations and pricing decisions
- Evaluation of insurance company strength and performance
- Expert testimony and professional support for litigation involving life insurance
- Identification of life settlement options and their probable costs
- Second opinion underwriting consulting to help avoid the risk of being denied coverage or the surprise of receiving a premium offer significantly higher than planned
- Private briefings, CPE and CLE for accountants and attorneys on insurance issues to assist with advisor due diligence
When developing and implementing complex financial, tax and legacy strategies for clients, we place high importance on coordinating our efforts with legal advisors to provide insight during the execution of legal documents that impact the client’s plan. At the same time, we proactively involve legal advisors in our process of developing and implementing planning strategies for clients in areas such as:
- Estate Planning
- Business Succession
- Life Insurance and Risk Management Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Income, Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Qualified and Non-Qualified Retirement Plans
- Charitable Planning
Many of our planning strategies include tax-sensitive issues. As a result, we place high importance on coordinating our efforts with tax advisors to provide insight into areas impacting a client’s retirement, financial, business and estate planning issues.Through our years of partnering with CPAs, we understand the importance of objectivity, confidentiality, transparency and competency for the engagement in our working relationship. As a result, we are regularly called upon by CPAs to provide resources and technical support. At the same time, our practice is to proactively involve tax advisors in our process of developing and implementing planning strategies for clients in areas such as:
- Personal and Business Income Tax Planning
- Sale or Purchase of a Closely-held Business
- Business Succession Planning
- Estate Tax Planning
- Life Insurance Tax Issues
- Complex Insurance Structures
- Business Valuation and Buy-Sell Agreements
Bridging where you are to where you want to be through timeless financial advice / Contact us today to get started!
James River Wealth Advisors
15521 Midlothian Turnpike, Suite 100
Midlothian, VA, 23113
P: (804) 302-0502
Securities offered through J.W. Cole Financial, Inc (JWC) Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory Services offered through James River Asset Management LLC. James River Wealth Advisors and James River Asset Management LLC are unaffiliated entities of J.W. Cole Financial.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) owns the CFP® certification mark, the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification mark, and the CFP® certification mark (with plaque design) logo in the United States, which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Our site contains hyperlinks to other web sites operated by third parties. These links will take you away from our site. Please note that we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information presented on these sites.